Regentís Park Mosque
The London Central Mosque (also known as the Islamic Cultural Centre, ICC or Regentís Park Mosque) is located near Marylebone station, the Baker Street Underground station, Regentís Park and Lords cricket ground in the City of Westminster, central north London, England.
It was designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd, completed in 1978, and has a prominent golden dome. The main hall can hold over five thousand worshippers, with women praying on a balcony overlooking the hall. The mosque holds a chandelier and a vast carpet, with very little furniture.
The inside of the dome is decorated with broken shapes in the Islamic tradition. There is also a small book shop and halal cafe on the premises. The Mosque is joined to the Islamic cultural centre which was officially opened by King George VI in 1944 and was given as an unconditional gift to the UK Muslim community, although the land was donated by George VI in return for a site in Cairo for an Anglican cathedral.
Read more =>